October 15, 2009

MEGHAN McCAIN MIGHT DELETE HER TWITTER



Meghan McCain, daughter of John McCain, posted this picture on twitter showing off her book, got called a slut, and is now considering deleting her twitter profile.  Here are the relevant tweets in chronological order:


McCainBlogette so I took a fun picture not thinking anything about what I was wearing but apparently anything other than a pantsuit I am a slut, this is

McCainBlogette why I have been considering deleting my twitter account, what once was fun now just seems like a vessel for harassment

McCainBlogette I am going to take some more time to think about it but seriously I was just trying to be funny with the book and that I'm a dork staying in

Meghan McCain
McCainBlogette when I am alone in my apartment, I wear tank tops and sweat pants, I had no idea this makes me a "slut", I can't even tell you how hurt I am

McCainBlogette ok I am getting the fuck off twitter, promise not to delete my account until I sleep on it, thank you for the nice words supporters  


McCainBlogette I do want to apologize to anyone that was offended by my twitpic, I have clearly made a huge mistake and am sorry 2 those that are offended.

UPDATE (04:04PM EST):  She will not be deleting her twitter, treating this as a learning experience instead.


McCainBlogette I would like to thank my family and friends for their support. This has been an embarrassing experience but also a learning one. I will not 19 minutes ago

McCainBlogette be deleting my twitter account but I will be more careful in the future about my use with the medium. 18 minutes ago

UPDATE (2009-12-01 04:07AM EST):  She said a few more things about it but I lost interest in blogging about it.  Sorry if you think this entry would've benefited from being more comprehensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment